It’s Bulb-Planting Season!
Want to have some gorgeous spring flowering bulbs but don’t know where to start?
Disclosure: I am a blogging partner at eBay. Opinions are entirely my own.
Getting Started With Bulb Planting
When I was new to gardening, I remember getting ready to plant my first tulip bulbs and, when I opened the package, I couldn’t tell which part of the bulb was which!
The instructions said to put them ‘bottom first’ but darned if I knew which end was the bottom.
That’s one big flaw we make as gardeners: we want to welcome and encourage new gardeners but we overlook the basics, leaving people befuddled and discouraged.
That’s why I wrote this post. I would have made good use of it when I was starting out.
It’s here on my blog at eBay:
1. Bulbs 101 For Beginners | Empress of Dirt on eBay
Next, see how to plant bulbs in containers. There are lots of advantages to using containers (instead of planting in the ground) as you will see:
2. How To Plant Bulbs In Containers | Empress of Dirt on eBay
Planting bulbs in autumn is a fairly quick task that yields rather spectacular results in spring. Do it now and thank yourself later with a giant pot of colourful blooms.
3. How to Force Bulbs Indoors | Empress of Dirt on eBay
4. When to Force Bulbs Indoors | Empress of Dirt
More Fall and Winter Gardening Ideas
- 7 Things To Plant In The Fall Garden
- 14 Fall Tips For A Better Spring Garden
- Start Your Fall Veggie Garden Now
- When Is It Too Late To Plant Seeds Outdoors?
- 6 Tips For Growing Veggies In The Winter
- Bulbs 101 For Beginners
- How To Plant Bulbs In Containers
- How To Grow Vegetables In The Winter
- Winter Care For Wild Birds
- Overwintering Outdoor Potted Fig Trees
- How To Care For A Winter Pond
- Making Your Own Un-suet Suet for the Winter Birds
- Plant Markers and Labels That Endure All The Seasons