Creative + Frugal Garden Ideas is a free ebook with lots of ideas for your garden. I wrote it both as a welcome to everything Empress of Dirt has to offer plus a way for you to get familiar with ebooks in general. Some of you have never downloaded an ebook before so this is a good way to get acquainted.
For more ebooks, also see creative ebooks for home and garden projects.
Several of you have told me that you’re interested in ebooks but need some help with downloading your first one.
I’ve got your back! You’re welcome to download this free ebook to get the hang of it. And yes, it’s yours to keep (and enjoy!).
Already read ebooks? Excellent! Please download the ebook and add it to your collection!
Let’s get started.
What’s an ebook?
- Ebooks are digital files (like any other file on your computer).
- You can view ebooks on desktop computers, tablets, and smart phones and not intended for printing.
- Like any other file, after downloading it, it’s on your device as long as you keep it there. And you can read the book as many times as you like.
About the ebook
Creative + Frugal Garden Ideas by Melissa J. Will is a welcome guide to growing tips, DIY projects, and idea galleries here on Empress of Dirt.
Featuring highlights from this site, there’s dozens of images and ideas to encourage creativity in your garden-no matter what size or season.
How do I get my copy?
- All of the ebooks at Empress of Dirt are in PDF format-a popular choice for ebooks and other documents.
- This means you will first need Adobe Reader (don’t’ worry, it’s free) to view the ebook on your device.
- Some computers come with Adobe Reader already loaded.
If you’re not sure if you have it, try searching ‘Adobe Reader’ in the search box on your computer for your program files.
- Otherwise, you can download it free here: download Adobe Reader.
Go ahead and check that you’ve got it (or go ahead and download it) and then you can get your free ebook.
Ok, I’ve got Adobe Reader, now what?
2. Follow the instructions on the screens.
The service I used for this is called SendOwl. If you order ebooks on other sites, they may use other services that look slightly different but the basic process is the same.
If you need more help, here’s what you’ll see. A shopping cart will open showing you have added one copy of the ebook to your cart.
Note that the quantity = 1 and the price is $0.
a) Click on Checkout.
b) Fill in your name (can be first name only) and email address. Then click Download files.
A brief message may appear saying Fetching files.
then you’ll see this:
You can choose whether you want to save the ebook file on your computer (download button) or save it to Dropbox (save to Dropbox button).
I’ll assume anyone choosing Dropbox is an account holder and already knows how to use it. Read on for saving to your computer.
d) If you choose to save it to your computer/device, click on ‘Download‘. This will start the file downloading to your computer.
Pay attention to the folder where your download is saving to. This is the number one problem people have with this: they forget where they saved it and ask me to figure it out! But guess what, I don’t know what your settings are. I’m just an Empress, not a mind reader. 🙂
When it’s complete, the ebook file is on your computer. If you don’t know where it is, search for the file name creative-frugal-garden-ideas_melissajwill.pdf.
You will also receive a thank-you email. It will also contain the link to your download in case you need to try again.
And now the best part: just double-click on the file to open it in Adobe Reader.
I hope you’ll give it a try!
Enjoy your ebook!
- 100 free copies of the ebook are available each day.
- If you get a checkout error message, please try again tomorrow. 🙂