Welcome! Each week I take a trip around the garden web to see what’s new and inspiring. Come see what I’ve unearthed this week.
You can find lots more delightful garden-inspired sites here: EXPLORE.
The Blue Ladder
I thought it would be fun to share a picture from my garden each week. This blue ladder has become a favourite of mine. I kept it unpainted for years and then this spring decided to go bold or go home with my use of colour outdoors.
I intended to add on some quirky garden art accessories, but the plain blue really pleases Her Majesty thus far so no quirky additions have been added. I’m tempted to add a birdfeeder on top but for now, I’m just digging the blue-ness.
And now let’s take our weekly look around the garden web.
- Pamela of Flower Patch Farmhouse shows you how to paint stepping stones.
- Stephanie of Garden Therapy has a wonderful birdcage planter project.
- Patti of Garden Matter has a free printable for making plant markers.
- Shawna of Shawna Coronado shows how to build a living wall pocket garden.
- Margaret at A Way to Garden has started the annual conversation on extending the food growing season into fall.
- Janit the Mini Garden Guru shows you how to light up a fairy garden.
- Bren of Creative Living and Growing with Bren shares what’s blooming (and beautiful) in zone 5b.
- Tradgardsflow is one of my favourite garden blogs. The photography is gorgeous.
- Helen of Toronto Gardens shows us a brilliant garden filled with red poppies.
If you enjoy Empress of Dirt, please subscribe to receive the free newsletter and/ or get new posts delivered to your email inbox.
If you have a great garden or garden art link to share, hop into the comment box and let me know.