Each week I share some favourite garden-related sites from around web. Come have a look at this week’s selections.
If you’d like to see more, previous weeks can be found here: EXPLORE.
Garden Snapshot of the Week
This week’s photo is a snapshot from my own garden. I wasn’t liking the combination of flower colours last summer so I decided to resolve it this year by adding more. Oddly enough, my plan seems to be working.
I’ve got some garden hacks for you. These ones are lurking in your kitchen junk drawer and cabinets.
And, for those of you in the northern hemisphere, it’s time to think about fall gardening. Not only can you grow vegetables in the fall and winter, but there’s also plenty of flower seeds you can sow as the cold weather sets in. These are plants that enjoy a chill before resuming growth in the spring.
- See 30+ flower seeds to sow in the fall on my blog at eBay where I collaborate as a blogger (<-that’s a disclosure statement).
Get your seeds ordered, and then resume enjoying your summer. Because summer can be way too short. #carpediem
- Patti of Garden Matter has a DIY project for making pressed flower glass coasters.
- Jennifer of Three Dogs in a Garden has an excellent article about growing and overwintering succulents.
Birds and Bees
- Kristin of That Bloomin’ Garden gives us the sex talk about squash. You’ll need to hear this if you want to…bloom.
- Alexandra of The Middle-Sized Garden shares 25 inspiring & practical ideas for container planting.
- Amy of Get Busy Gardening shares plants that deer don’t like. I know some of you struggle with those munchers so have a look.
- Garden Answer on YouTube has a sweet video DIY tutorial for making a planter fountain (video below).
Love it? Share it!
Have you got any wonderful garden-related sites to share? Let me know in the comments.