Welcome! Each week I take a trip around the garden web to see what’s new and inspiring. Come see what I’ve unearthed this week.
You can find more of these gems here: recommended sites.
Garden Pic of the Week
Stop the car! I have to photograph those hollyhocks! —that’s what I said to my husband as we drove through a small town hours from home.
I gave up growing hollyhocks a few years ago because the rust (fungus) was relentless. But apparently it hasn’t reached other areas in Ontario because the hollyhocks that day were abundant and worth stopping for.
Some links go to eBay where I collaborate as a blogger.
Now let’s do some surfing.
- Tanya of Lovely Greens has tutorial on making sea glass stepping stones. Pretty!
- Stephanie of Garden Therapy is falling for wreaths this autumn. Grab ideas and hang ’em up.
- Rachel of Grow a Good Life is ready to school you about mulch. Well worth it.
- Melissa (me, the Empress of Dirt) shares fall vegetable gardening 101. Some tasks need attention now if you want the delicious veggies later on.
- Stephanie of Garden Therapy shows us how to win against the mosquitoes. I’m allergic so I’m all in on this one.
- Jami of An Oregon Cottage shows us how to make chia seed no-cook blackberry freezer jam. Way easier to make than say!
And be sure to check out Jami’s house tour while you’re there. I love it.
- Ann of On Sutton Place on eBay shares a simple way to freeze zucchini. If you’re not leaving it on your neighbour’s porch.
- Maria of Sweet Domesticity grows caraway and saves the seeds. Beautiful photos and informative.
- What’s the official word on deciding which food in the fridge to keep and which food to discard after a power failure? Here’s what the gov has to say.
Love it? Share it!
These posts are intended to share favourite sites and build community between creative garden-inspired bloggers. If you have a site to recommend, let me know.