I’ve gathered a whole bunch more creative garden planter ideas from local garden tours. I hope this visual tour gives you ideas for plants selection, types of containers to choose, where to place them, and colours and textures that look great together.
There are more garden container galleries here:
- 30 Creative Garden Container Ideas
- 16+ More Creative Garden Container Ideas
- How to choose container soil
- 12 Colourful Garden Ideas for ways to infuse eye-popping colour into your garden
If you have some old household item or piece of junk you want to make into something cool, have a look at my Recycled DIY & Craft Idea Project Idea Bank.
1. Urn with Pink Flowers
If you can afford it, a classic urn is a great investment for the garden.
2. Garden Fence with Hanging Planters
No plastic here! Hanging metal baskets with coir or burlap liners look great.
3. Green Tipsy Pots
Also see How to make tipsy pots
4. Polka Dot Stacked Teacups
If you love giant garden teacups, there’s all sorts of choices here at Amazon.
5. Purple and More Purple
There’s a party of blue and purple here with petunias, hydrangeas, clematis, and a burst of yellow to set them off.
6. Wicker Basket Planter
7. Planted Bird Bath
Also see 12+ Repurposed Bird bath planters
8. Repurposed Galvanized Bucket Planter
9. Whiskey Barrel Planters
TIP: Sometimes new whiskey barrels are actually less expensive than thrift shop ones. They are quite popular and the prices tend to get jacked up.
10. Repurposed Funnel Planter
11. Wire Planter with Geraniums
Did you know you can regrow the same zonal geraniums year after year? This shows you how.
12. Wooden Ladder and Hanging Baskets
Here’s a bunch of ideas for using old ladders in the garden
13. Ceramic Containers with Petunias
14. Porch Collection
15. Hanging Wire Basket with Pinks and Peaches
Here’s instructions for How to Make Hypertufa Pots.
16. Clay Pot with Acer Maple
17. Wooden Raised Bed with Daisies
Want a pond but don’t have the space? I built my little pond in a raised garden bed.
18. Hanging Wire Baskets with Begonias
Want to make a garden or make it better? Here’s lots of gardening tips.
19. Tree Stump Planter
20. Wall-Mounted Pots
21. Wheelbarrow with Broken Strawberry Pot
Share it on Pinterest