It’s here! Garden Made is a new book packed with crafty garden projects. I’ve been making some of the projects and I think you will want to as well.
For more nature-inspired crafts also see nature crafts.
Crafting Natural Beauty
I first discovered the creativity of Stephanie Rose when I found her blog, Garden Therapy. Her personal story is very moving.
Overcome by a powerful illness that left her bedridden, in the fight to regain her health, she discovered the world of gardening and all of the crafty goodness nature has to offer. In some ways, perhaps (along with medical care), she created her own wellness.
While I’ve never experienced an illness of that intensity, I think many of us with a deep love for gardening, nature, and simply being outdoors, share the same reverence. It’s through the planting, harvesting, crafting, and changing of the seasons that we regain our balance and sense of inner peace.
As Charles Barnard said so aptly (in 1889), you can bury any number of headaches in a garden, find contentment, and eat all the fresh raspberries you want. (I might have added my own ideas there.)
Garden Made by Stephanie Rose
Garden Made: A Year of Seasonal Projects to Beautify Your Garden and Your Life includes 40 down-to-earth ideas for inspired garden crafts, including containers, handmade gifts, outdoor lighting, holiday decorations, and more.
- Garnish Garden with Soda Can Herb Labels
- Homemade Seed Paper
- Twig Garden Markers
- Metal Stamped Plant Markers
- Rustic Garden Sign
- Painted Mason Jar Tulip Vases
- Bird Nest Helpers
- Strawberry in the Sky
- Teapot Planter
- Rhubarb Leaf for the Birds
- A Picture Garden
- Flower Pounding
- A Living Fountain
- Recycled Fence Post Sconces
- Four Elements Candle Trough
- Modern Garden Planters
- Harvesting English Lavender
- Mason Jar Solar Lights
- Citronella CANdles
- Trash-to-Treasure Solar Chandelier
- Vintage High Chair Swing
- Vintage Silver Planters
- Saving Heirloom Tomato Seeds
- Felted Acorn Magnets
- Pressed Leaf Cards
- Autumn Harvest Wreath
- Ornamental Gourd Tea Lights
- Mason Jar Forced Bulbs
- Rock Spider Sculptures
- Build-a-Bug Hotel
- Shadow Box Planter
- Sand Art Terrariums
- Hanging Glass Terrarium
- Evergreen Gift Tags
- A Very Merry Holly and Laurel Wreath
- Cedar Garland, Hanging Candle Planter
- Terrarium Ornaments
- Christmas Tree Ornaments
What will you make?
I’ve already got several projects from the book underway involving woodburning (here’s my first projects using the woodburning tool), reusing pop cans, felting, and vertical gardening with succulents.
UPDATE: Giveaway Ended
Two winners have been notified.
I’m personally sponsoring the giveaway of two copies of Garden Made.
- This giveaway is open to residents of Canada and the continental United States only.
- To enter, leave a comment telling me the name of Stephanie’s blog and where you live.
- One entry only per person / IP address.
- Winners will be picked at random and notified by email.
Good luck! Bon chance!
Want to cook up some crafty goodness from the garden? See this wonderful ebook for ideas.