Growing Salads Indoors is an ebook for beginner gardeners interested in growing fresh salad greens indoors, all year-round.
Did you know you can grow fresh salad greens in your home any time of year? It’s true! And it’s a great starter project for anyone wanting to eat healthier and grow their own food.
I’ve written this handy little guide to get beginners started. Gorgeous greens grown right in your home can be yours for dinner each night!
If you aleady have experience with seed starting and want to jump right in growing a wide variety of veggies, see How to Grow Food Indoors.
A Winter Experiment Becomes a Life Long Love
Several years ago I was going crazy waiting for winter to end and decided to just start planting peas indoors since it seemed like spring would never arrive.
Much to my surprise, a number of weeks later, I had fresh, juicy pea pods dangling from my plant shelves!
This started my adventures into indoor food growing. I started experimenting with a variety of crops—this may sound time-consuming, I know, but it’s not—it’s really just seeds planted in some pots on a shelf—and I soon discovered an entire world of possibilities.
My favourite indoor food to grow also happens to be the quickest and easiest: mixed salad greens. With just one shelving unit and some lights, you have space to grow a good amount of fresh greens. And, with a few tips you can ensure you always have some ready to harvest.
Growing Salads Indoors: A beginner’s guide to producing healthy delicious greens in your home year-round walks you through everything you need to know to get started.
It’s intended for new or inexperienced gardeners with a small space and big desire to grow fresh salad greens indoors.
I wrote the ebook with the aim to keep the information simple but give you exactly what you need to know not only to successfully grow salads indoors but also to equip you with the basics of seed starting and indoor growing.
These skills can be used for any seed starting, whether the plants end up outside on in a container or in the ground, or continue growing inside your home. And salads are a great way to begin.
What is an Ebook?
- Ebooks are documents you read on your computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
- Ebooks are not intended for printing. They are simply meant for enjoying on your electronic device.
- This ebook is in PDF format.
- This means you use Adobe Reader to read it. Adobe Reader may already be on your device or you can download it free here.
- Once you have Adobe Reader, you can download the ebook (click on any of the ADD TO CART buttons on this page) and it’s yours to read and enjoy forever—just like a printed book.
- If you are not sure how ebooks work, I’ve got a free one here for you. Creative + Frugal Garden Ideas: Getting Started with Empress of Dirt. Give it a try! Once you’ve downloaded your first one, a whole new world of reading will open up for you. There’s tons of great ebooks available online.
What You’ll Gain
As I mentioned, this is for new gardeners. If you’ve got little or no experience handling seeds or raising seedlings, this is for you. If you’re nervous about killing plants or black thumbs, I’ve got your back! You can do this.
I’ll walk you through
- seed selection
- organic seed sources
- choosing a location in your home
- the supplies needed (don’t worry, it’s frugal)
- how to care for the plants
- and best of all, harvesting and enjoying the fresh greens.
It’s brief and to the point while providing you with what you need to do this. And it’s so worthwhile. You will never want store-bought greens again after tasting freshly-picked ones grown just a few feet away from your dining table!
I hope you’ll give it a try and let me know how you do.