Welcome to Empress of Dirt!
Here’s the scoop—
I am Melissa J. Will (also known as The Empress of Dirt) and I share creative and frugal home and (mostly) garden DIY projects and ideas: organic, recycled, low budget, and fun.
If you love gardening (or are just getting started) you’ll find ideas to:
- GROW Year round food growing using organic and sustainable practices | Seed saving, seed starting, and propagation.
- ENJOY Creating a vibrant perennial garden that attracts bees, birds, and many others creatures (great and small).
- MAKE Making garden art from repurposed items | I share lots of projects here.
- MONEY Would you like to live debt-free? It’s a very creative way of life, with much less stress. I encourage everyone to step away from expectations and obligations that keep you from living the life you want.
- RUNNING A HOUSEHOLD I also occasionally write about money management, household organization, cooking, and anything else that amuses me.
- 2012 Best Garden Art Projects | All easy to make with very few tools and inexpensive supplies
- 8 Potting Bench Ideas | Repurpose used wood or furniture to make something unique and new
- The best two-bite brownies you will ever have.
- All of the most popular projects on this site have been compiled into one eBook: Empress of Dirt Garden Art & Ideas by Melissa J. Will.
2. Tour My Garden
- My first garden started as a bare lot and changed a lot over the years.
- My current garden is just two summers old and has a long way to go.
3. Have a laugh
4. Join the debt-free way of life
5. Sign Up For The Free Empress of Dirt Newsletter
- Sign up for the free Empress of Dirt newsletter (1-2x per months with extras plus highlights from the blog)
6. Subscribe / Follow
- Subscribe to the blog by email (you’ll get the newest posts by email)
- Google +
Welcome and Enjoy!
Leave a comment and say hello. 🙂
~Melissa J. Will | Empress of Dirt