Most Popular Pins
These are the top Pinterest pins I shared in recent weeks based on the number of repins on Pinterest, plus the number of Facebook shares and comments.
Since I posted this best garden art projects pin last winter, most of my traffic comes from Pinterest. In a way to pay this forward, I like to find inspiring garden-related ideas and images to pin from other sites and see if I can generate some interest in them. It’s especially enjoyable to find some lower-traffic but good quality blogs and Etsy shops to boost.
In most cases I pin images that show gardening with an extra twist of interestingness. It could be a simple idea that transforms the space, or a garden art project from recycled items that adds humour or beauty. Or a way of arranging plants and garden accoutrements that turns the ordinary into art.
I want the viewer to have an a-ha! I can do that! moment.
I might not always love what I pin—sometimes the photo quality is not as good as one would hope—or the idea is great but the execution is not to my taste. And that’s fine. The point is to take what is inspiring, put your own spin on it, and give thanks to the blogger who started it with comments, repins, shares, Google +s, and so on.
That said, popular is not always best of course! If you’re interested in seeing the ideas that don’t get the raves but seem just as worthy and interesting to me, follow me on Pinterest and Facebook and you won’t miss a thing.
Recent Popular Pins
- Garden trellis on the side of a shed made to look like giant daisies.
- Old water faucet handles become garden art flowers.
- More funny tool art ideas — this time Mr. And Mrs. Goose.
- A metal tire rim gets a mosaic treatment and turns into a spiffy planter. If it sits still, a mosaic artist will transform it!
- Wild and colourful array of recycled garden art by news students of an enthusiastic teacher.
- Pretty door decorated with mosaic tile and stained glass.
- Teapot floating over teacup and saucer – garden art.
- Wooden bed frame + dresser drawer = planter box.
- I suspect this could be the wildest teapot fountain you will ever see.
- Make garden art flowers out of painted hubcaps.
- Funny birdbath featuring a sneaky cat.
- Perhaps my top favourite garden art made from repurposed metal parts.
- This beautiful succulent wreath comes with how-to instructions.
- Enchanting little outbuilding – rumoured to be a bee house but probably not.
- Beautifully-made gabion wall with old clay pots and stones.
And, because you never know what will go viral, here’s the most popular pin of recent weeks: ants made from golf balls!