To protect what you have achieved in your garden and avoid costly mistakes, it’s worth the time and effort to protect tender plants before harsh winter weather sets in.
This collection of winter garden prep tips comes from dedicated organic gardeners. You can find all of the tips here.
Protect Your Tender Plants With These Tips
Continued from Winter Garden Prep: Planting Bulbs (Tips 4-10)
Here’s some tips from top garden bloggers for the care and protection of tender plants that cannot endure the winter weather outdoors.
11. DIY Dormant Spray (for bringing plants indoors) | Our Fairfield Home & Garden
- One big problem when moving plants from outdoors to indoors is the bugs and creepy crawlies that come along for the ride.
- A good dormant spray will remove the unwanted without harming the plant.
- See Barb’s recipe for easy, homemade dormant spray here (and how to use it): DIY Dormant Spray | Tucking In The Garden For Winter….
12. Bringing Plants Inside For Winter | Garden Matter
- Patti shares 5 things to consider before you bring those plants inside: Fall Gardening – 5 Steps to Consider When Bringing Your Plants Inside for the Winter…
13. Dividing Succulents | Garden Therapy
- Succulents enjoy time outside in the warmer months, but, depending on your climate may need winter protection indoors.
- After a summer of growth, there’s often plenty of succulent babies to be potted up (more free plants—woot!).
- Stephanie shows you how to divide succulents here: Dividing Succulents
14. Over-Wintering Tender Plants | A Healthy Life For Me
- Amy shares suggestions for several plants you can bring indoors: Over-Wintering Tender Plants …
15. Overwintering Fig Trees | Empress of Dirt
- I keep my hardy Chicago figs in pots. Here’s how I care for them in the winter: Overwintering Fig Trees In Containers…
16. Over-Wintering Geraniums for Flowers Next Year | Empress of Dirt
- 5 different methods for storing zonal geraniums for blooms in the spring
More Winter Garden Preparation Tips
- Mulch, Leaves, & Cover Crops | Tips 1-3
- Planting Bulbs | Tips 4-10
- Tender Plant Care | Tips 11-15
- Fall Chores Checklists | Tips 16-19
- Tool Care | Tips 20-23
- Pruning & Trimming | Tips 24-32
- Birds & Bees | Tips 33-40
Share It On Pinterest