It’s fruit fly season. In comes the produce from the garden, and along come the fruit flies for a party. This simple trap keeps the fruit flies under control in my kitchen.
You can check into the cup but you’re never checking out. Mwa-ha-ha!
How To Make A Fruit Fly Trap
- Fill a glass 3/4 full with white vinegar. Any vinegar works: I use whatever is cheapest.
- Place a piece of cling wrap over the top of the glass and secure in place with an elastic band.
- Make 5 or 6 little holes in top of the cling wrap. I use a pencil tip.
- Swish the glass so some vinegar gets on the inside of the cling wrap.
- After a day or so, you will start seeing dead fruit flies in the bottom of the glass.
- Change vinegar weekly and PLEASE reuse the cling wrap. The world does not need more plastic waste.
PS: No fingertips were used in the trapping of these fruit flies.