These are the top favourite creative gardening ideas chosen by Empress of Dirt fans this year.
I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned in a link on this post for sites including Amazon.com. Other links may go to websites where I have been paid to write a blog or article. See the entire disclosure here.
Your Favourite Projects
It has been a rather wild and fabulous blogging year here at Empress of Dirt.
I’m not really one for specific goal-setting but I do start out each new year with the aim to do better:
- take better photos to tantalize you
- share more projects you want to try
- curate more creative galleries that inspire your own garden creations
- encourage more beginner gardeners, and
- challenge myself to attempt projects I’ve always wanted to do.
If I may measure my success by your visits, comments, shares on social media including Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, your responses to the newsletters, and emails, it has indeed been a very good year.
If you’re a little hyperactive and love to make stuff like I do, you probably also feel that time whooshes by too quickly. A year-end review helps confirm that stuff does indeed get done, despite the feeling that there’s always some much more we want to do.
I’m sharing some highlights from the past year that received great responses. Most are garden-themed, a few are other creative projects. Since my mother and I are probably the only two people on earth who have seen them all, I hope you’ll discover some new favourites.
And most of all, thank you for all of your kindness, encouragement, enthusiasm, and joining me on this ride. You are what makes it all worthwhile.
Top Creative Gardening Posts of the Year
Garden Idea Galleries
I love it that these idea galleries are popular because I love to curate them.
1. Garden Container Ideas | A gallery of ideas for repurposed planters
2. Garden Fence Ideas | Fences are outdoor art gallery walls, right?
3. Bird Bath Planters | Plant those broken bird baths!
4. Using Doors and Windows in the Garden | Honk if you love garden junk.
5. Creating Unique Garden Art | Lots of ideas you can steal.
6. Watering Can Garden Art Gallery | Galvanized garden art love.
7. Succulent Garden Ideas | How beautiful are these?
8. Wooden Ladder Garden Art ideas | For those who love old wooden ladders as much as I do.
9. Garden Art Chair Gallery | Old chairs look great in the garden. You’ll see…
Empress of Dirt TV
Arts & Crafts
10. How to Paint Cool Shoes | How to turn plain shoes into something Spocktacular
11. Golf Ball Crafts | Turn those useless garden balls into cute critters
12. DIY Pinecone Animals (Cute Alert) | Fun natural craft for you and the kiddles.
13. Are you superstitious about the number 13? I’m not.
Garden How-tos (and How Not-tos)
14. Common Gardening Mistakes | Take my experience, please!
15. Vegetables You Can Grow in the Shade | There’s lots of growing options in partially shaded gardens.
16. How to have Healthy Garden Soil | Gardening 101. Healthy soil is everything.
17. When is it Too Late to Start Seeds Outdoors? | A helpful thing to know.
18. How to Grow Clematis from Cuttings | Be fruitful and propagate.
19. How to Care for Garden Tools | Make them last forever. Or a very long time.
20. How to Grow Fairy Carrots in Jars | Super cute project for kids.
21. Easy Garden Soil Test | What is your soil type?
22. Fall is a great time to add mulch to the garden.
23. Easy Winter Composting Method | True story: winter composting is super simple.
24. The Edible Landscape | You can have your garden and eat it too.
Before and After Projects
25. Garden Shed Makeover | I finally painted my shed!
26. Make a Greenhouse from Old Windows | My biggest building project of the season.
27. Urban Food Growing in the Victorian Era | Getting people to grow city gardens… in the 1800s!
Sign up to get new Empress of Dirt posts by email here.
I hope you enjoyed these highlights from the year.
Can’t wait to see what we get up to in 2015.
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛
Seed Starting for Beginners | Ebook
$5 US | Instant DownloadAdd to Cart
Complete guide to indoor seed starting. Grow your own garden!
See contents ->