Yes, this is the best brownies recipe in the world. After trying dozens, we came up with our perfect chocolate single-serving brownie. Bake them in muffin tins and they are ready to serve.
The Perfect Chocolate Brownie
I am temporarily suspending discussion of healthy eating habits to bring you this important recipe.
This one gets rave reviews whenever we make it for special gatherings and bake sales.
While items with faces like melting snowman cookies and reindeer cupcakes tend to be best sellers at fundraisers, this simple chocolate brownie is also a fan favorite. You can tell just by looking at it that it’s going to be very, very good.
And no need to frost it.
With the recipe here, the bare-naked brownie is all you need. It’s simply delectable: any icing or decoration would be a crime punishable by culinary law.
So, step away from the sprinkles and rejoice in its simple chocolaty goodness.
Related: Mini Oreo Cheesecakes Recipe
Two-Bite Size Plus
These brownies are considered ‘two-bite size’ but really they’re more generous than that.
They are arguably more delicious than any brownies you can buy at a bakery plus they do not contain any unpronounceable and suspicious ingredients, which makes them even better, no?
Plate, Package, or Freeze
Bring them to a holiday gathering or package them up in little bundles to give as gifts. They have a fresh, deep chocolate taste that cannot be beat.
If you don’t need them immediately (say what?), you can freeze them individually and thaw them as needed—in the middle of the night when a craving overpowers you. Yes, they are that good.
Related: How to Make Perfect Granola (Recipe)
Empress of Dirt Best Brownies Ever
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Butter 16 ounces, 2 sticks, 450 grams
- 2 cups Sugar, white granulated white
- 4 large Eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 cup Flour, white, all-purpose all-purpose
- ½ teaspoon Salt if using unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Butter softened, for greasing muffin tins
- Heat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Spread cooking oil inside cooking pot and add butter over medium heat until melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Stir in sugar, beaten eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder until everything is well combined.
- Generously grease muffin tin compartments with 1 tablespoon softened butter.
- Use large spoon to place batter in each muffin slot filling halfway.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Cool for five minutes, then use butter knife to separate brownie from pan edge and gently lift out onto cooling rack.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for up to 7 days or freeze for 3 months.
- Even when a muffin tin is stick-free, I find I still need to grease them.
- If you use muffin tin liners (paper or silicone) you should be fine without greasing.
Nutrition (per serving)
And there you have it. The world’s best brownie. Enjoy!
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛