Find out how to attract butterflies to your garden with the right plants and garden design, plus creative butterfly-inspired crafts and DIY projects.
Attracting pollinators is key for growing organically.
Butterfly Garden Tips & Creative Projects
Plants & Habitat for Butterflies
- 7 Beneficial Ways to Attract Butterflies and Improve Your Garden | Start with milkweed for monarchs and grow from there.
- Make a Trashcan Pollinator Garden| Fun idea for a patio.
- How to Collect and Grow Milkweed from Seed | This is a larval host plant for monarch butterflies.
- Helpful Tips for Identifying Butterflies in Your Garden| Need help knowing who’s who?
- 20 Fruits and Veggies that Depend on Insect Pollination| Good to know for a food garden.
- Want Butterfly Babies? Grow These Plants| You can’t attract butterflies without providing what they need to survive.
Crafts & Creative Projects
- Soda Can Butterfly Charms| A good project for a rainy afternoon.
- Garden Art Butterfly Recycled Project| This one uses an old metal water bottle.
- Make a Bird Butterfly Bee Water Feeder| A favourite water hub in my backyard.
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛