These are some of my favourite garden bloggers from different parts of Canada, the United States, and around the globe. Each has their own creative spin on growing and making cool stuff from the garden. I will be adding to the list over the next year, so keep checking back to discover some new gems.
I am also inspired and influenced by several well-known gardeners: check out the list here to see more.
Discover Your New Favourite Blogs
Over many years of blogging, I’ve had the opportunity to meet lots of other creative garden bloggers from around the world. I thought it would be fun to introduce you to some of them and give you a chance to add some new favourites to your daily reading.
Each has a different area of expertise and (healthy) obsessions, and all of them are wonderful for sparking creativity and the desire to get outside and get your hands in the soil.
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Growing delicious, beautiful, and useful plants using organic gardening methods.”Read More
The Creative Vegetable Gardener
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
“I live in a mid-sized city on an urban lot about four miles from downtown. My corner lot is on a street busy with walkers and bikers. My garden is in my front and side yards, so highly visible to everyone who passes by my house. My passion is having a garden that produces a lot of food and is also gorgeous to look at!”
Ahualoa, Hawai’i (Hawai’i Island), USA
“Growing fruits and vegetables, hens, ducks: always adapting to growing conditions. Garden methods: A messy, permaculture-ish work-in-progress as we try to grow enough food to sustain us.”
Hearth & Vine
McMurray, Pennsylvania, USA
“I’m an ornamental gardener. 90% of my garden is filled with perennials, shrubs, and trees. The other 10% is a mix of herbs and a few edibles that I attempt to grow in containers, such as lettuce in the spring, and a few cherry tomato plants in the summer. My garden philosophy is one of easy practicality. I try not to tackle too many difficult plants. And though it’s sometimes tempting to collect new and unusual plants I try to steer away from any that won’t grow well in my area.”
Grow a Good Life
New Gloucester, Maine, USA
“My gardening is focused on growing organic food for fresh eating and to preserve for winter. I grow a vegetable garden, along with fruit trees and bushes, including, apples, pears, blueberries, raspberries, and grapes. In the vegetable garden, I use a mix of gardening methods, including square foot gardening, vertical gardening, and no dig gardening.“
And this one is me!
Empress of Dirt
Southwestern, Ontario, Canada
“Growing perennial flowers, fruit trees, veggies, herbs, aquatic plants. Organic methods only, compost to enrich soil, minimal watering (annuals and new plants only). Making garden art is my main preoccupation.”
Get Busy Gardening
“I enjoy growing vegetables, herbs, annuals, perennials, succulents, tropical plants, and houseplants – you name, I’ve grown it!”
More Garden Influences
- Joan Gussow | See how she rebuilt her garden after a terrible flood (or several)
- 5 Wonderful Gardeners to Ignite Your Spark | Includes Carol Klein and Tasha Tudor
- Ruth Stout | A brilliant gardener ahead of her time
- Charles Barnard | Encouraging urban veggie gardens in the Victorian era
- Tasha Tudor | A rare video of her garden
- My Favourite Houseplant Fanatics | Tovah Martin and more
- Carol Bowlby | Growing a lot of food on a city lot
I hope you’ll click around and find some new faves just as I have.
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛