Are you ready to get creative?
Want to know what makes the perfect, creative garden? Lots of plants—overflowing with beauty—punctuated with delightful garden art.
Jump in and explore dozens (and dozens) of creative and frugal projects ideas for the home and garden.
While my main love is quirky and unusual garden art, I also share indoor pursuits including crafts, handwork, and recipes.
- How to Make Decorative Garden Art Balls | Want to make garden balls? These step-by-step instructions show everything you need to create decorative garden balls. Use a bowling ball or other orb, add some marbles, and design your own outdoor art.
- Outdoor Glue That Really Sticks (Best Garden Art Adhesive) | This waterproof silicone sealant is the best overall glue for outdoor use. It works for all my garden art projects including dish flowers that stay outside, all year-round in a cold climate.
- How to Make Giant Garden Art Alliums | Have you ever seen giant, purple alliums in bloom in the spring? This is a quick and easy garden art project made from thrift shop items to mimic the look of those massive, globe-shaped flowers.
- How to Paint Shoes | These tips show how to paint shoes and add unique hand-painted designs to your canvas shoes or sneakers with acrylic paint. There are also tips for painting leather or vinyl shoes or trim. We’ve tested a bunch of art supplies and recommend our top picks.
- Best Wood for Raised Garden Beds | Want to know the best wood for raised garden beds? Raised beds are garden containers, commonly made from wood, and the type of wood we use will determine how long-lasting, safe, and sustainable they are.
- Birdhouses * Feeders * Decor | For our fine-feathered friends
- No Power Tools Needed | You can make all these projects unplugged
- Garden Architecture | Trellis, raised beds, and more
- Garden Art Flowers | Fabulous ways to make big blooms
- Garden Balls | The modern day gazing ball is dazzling
- Nature Crafts | Start with natural finds
- Plant Tags and Markers | Beautiful and useful
- Raised Garden Beds | The secret to overcoming bad soil
- Stone Painting | Art that rocks
- Crafts and Handwork | Sewing, quilting, felting, and more
- Creating with Polymer Clay | Jewelry and miniatures
- Food Recipes | Kids desserts and my own keto basics
3Empress of Dirt Books
- Popular Topics | Get all the goodness in an instant
Garden Art Projects
Birdhouses * Feeders * Decor
No Power Tools Needed
Garden Art Flowers
Plant Tags and Markers
Raised Garden Beds
When the garden settles down in winter, you will find me indoors sewing and crafting up a storm.
Crafts and Handwork
Polymer Clay Creations
3Empress of Dirt Books
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛