Quick! Make these cookies before they melt. Known as melted snowman cookies, we gave ours to a school bake sale where they were called Global Warming Snowperson Biscuits. Either way, they are delicious and fun to make.
How to Make Melting Snowman Cookies
This idea has been around for years and there are all sorts of creative variations.
Use them for bake sales, school fundraisers, or holiday parties.
To make the cookies, you will need some basic, flat cookies and white icing the same color as your marshmallows.
To create the melted snowman effect, marshmallows are melted on top of the icing.
Candy and decorative, edible gel are used for details like arms, buttons, and faces.
Another option is to keep the marshmallow head intact so just the body looks like a pool of melting snow.
Have a look at the photos to see different design ideas.
Related: Mini Oreo Cheesecakes Recipe
Melted Snowman Cookies
- 1 cup Butter softened (16 ounces or 2 sticks, or 450 grams)
- 1⅓ cups White sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- ¾ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3⅓ cups Flour, white, all-purpose all-purpose
- 1¼ teaspoon Baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- 7 teaspoons Meringue powder
- 3 cups Confectioner's sugar icing sugar, sifted
- 5 teaspoons Water
- 16 Marshmallows
- 2 Sour peach candies to cut into carrot noses
- 60 M&Ms smarties, for buttons
- 1 tube Black soft gel paste food color eyes, mouth, arms
- In electric mixer, cream butter and sugar, Add eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Cover mixing bowl and chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line cookie sheets with silicone baking mats.
- Roll out dough to ¼-inch thick on floured surface.
- Cut out random shapes with knife to resemble melted snowman bodies, approximately size of palm of hand. Place one inch apart on lined baking sheets.
- Bake approximately 8 minutes until bottoms are slightly golden brown.Cool completely before icing.
- Add all ingredients to mixing bowl and beat on medium low for 5-8 minutes until peaks form.Keep damp tea towel over bowl to prevent icing from drying out while you're working.
- Apply icing to cooled cookies using large, smooth knife, and allow to set. Reserve 1 tablespoon of icing to use as 'glue' to attach buttons to snowmen.
- Slightly melt marshmallows by heating on plate in microwave oven for not more than 10 seconds, then carefully transfer to cookies. Alternately, warm in toaster oven until slightly melted.
- Use candy and soft gel food color to create snowmen.
- Store in airtight container in fridge up to 7 days.
- Nose: I used little slices of fuzzy peach candies. You could also use orange marzipan.
- Buttons: Use a small amount of icing to 'glue' buttons to snowman.
- Arms: Could also use pretzels or small candy canes.
- More ideas: Add bow ties, scarves, hats, mitts, micro marshmallow snowballs and more.
Nutrition (per serving)
If you want more ideas for decorating them, do a Google image search or look on Pinterest. There’s lots of funny ideas.
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛