If you prefer to write your garden plans, ideas, and journal notes on paper—not on a computer—this simple, printable garden planner will help. It’s not a how-to guide but instead a basic framework to use throughout the garden year. The planner gives you nudges, you fill it in however you like.
Our free Seasonal Garden Checklist will also help with your planning.
Printable Garden Planner
It’s finally here! This is something readers have been requesting for ages. I had a lot of fun creating all the pages for this you-print-it planner. Get those pens and markers ready! It’s time to plan and track your garden on paper just the way you like it.
This printable garden planner is exactly what it sounds like: a printable, digital file with dozens of handy forms, undated calendars, and checklists, providing a basic structure for your garden planning and notes. There is no physical product: just a digital file.
A printable file like this is perfect for anyone who likes using pen (or pencil or makers) and paper instead of working on a screen. You print it on standard 8.5 x 11-inch paper.
It is not a garden guide, but a planner with the basic structure provided, allowing you room to document both your garden plans and activities however you like.
Rather than starting with a blank page, a planner provides an assortment of pages to help guide the process.
Once you have saved the file to your device, it’s yours to print for personal use as often as you like.
Choose a nice, quality paper and print out all (or whichever) pages you like. You may also want to hole punch the pages and keep everything in a binder.
Start by mapping out your garden as it is. Take inventory of your plants and seeds, what’s working, what’s not—and where you want them to be. And then start planning for the season and years to come.
By keeping journal notes, at the end of the gardening season you will have a helpful resource to refer to for future garden planning.
You can see the entire table of contents here along with some sample pages.
Empress of Dirt
Printable Garden Planner & Notes
An assortment of basic garden checklists, undated calendars, and note pages for planning and tracking your gardening season.
This is a digital file (PDF format) you save to your device to print as much as you like for your own personal use. It is not a physical product.
PayPal, Credit Card, or Apple Pay
Digital products are not available in EU, UK, and Northern Ireland due to tax regulations.
The printable pages provide basic structure: you fill in the content.
- Format: PDF file (3.4mb), full color, high resolution for good quality printing.
- Use Adobe Acrobat (available free here) to view and print the file.
- Size: Letter size pages (8.5 x 11-inches).
- Printing: For best quality, print in full color at high resolution.
- Choose paper that is nice to write on with your favorite pens and markers.
- Ensure you have Adobe Acrobat (available free here) on your device.
- Purchase the planner and add the file to your device. Watch where it saves to (so you know which folder to find it in).
- Open the file in Adobe Acrobat. View all the pages and decide which ones you want to print (or just print all of them). You may want more than one copy of some pages.
- If using a local print shop, bring the file on a USB drive along with proof of purchase (email receipt) in case they request it. Be sure to choose paper that is nice to write and draw on. Ask for hole punching if using a binder. It’s also wise to print a few test pages first and adjust print settings as needed.
I hope you enjoy it! I know I’ll be making use of it too.
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛