These autumn-inspired craft and decor projects use leaves, pinecones, and plants from the garden. They are simple, frugal, and easy to make.
For more seasonal projects, all see Fall and Winter Garden Tips.
I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned in a link on this post for sites including Amazon.com. Other links may go to websites where I have been paid to write a blog or article. See the entire disclosure here.
NEW GUIDE Seed Starting for Beginners: Sow Inside Grow Outside
CLICK HERE. 😉
1. DIY Leaf Lantern | Empress of Dirt
A few dry leaves, glass picture frames or vases, and some Mod Podge are all it takes to create this beautiful lantern.
2. DIY Falling Leaves | Empress of Dirt
The leaf-preserving method shown here using beeswax is a gateway to all sorts of craft projects including these wonderful falling leaves.
3. Natural Fall Leaf Garland | Garden Matter
Here’s another way to create a beautiful display of fall leaves in your home.
4. 12 Owl Art & Craft Projects | Empress of Dirt
Attention owl fans. There’s lots of fun ways to make them using stones, pinecones, burlap, and more.
5 DIY Pinecone Animals | Empress of Dirt
Make a penguin, owl, and mouse!
6. Pinecone Owls | Town and Country Living
This sweet project uses felt squares and pinecones.
7. DIY Scented Wax Pinecones | Garden Matter
See how to coat and scent pinecones for an indoor display.
8. How to Bleach Pinecones | Garden Therapy
This process for bleaching pinecones gives them a very interesting look.
Got an old crock pot you no longer use?
9. DIY Thrift Shop Bug House | Empress of Dirt
Any deadheaded plants, twigs, or other natural debris are fair game for a bug house. Mine has been fully occupied from the day I hung it up!
10. Dried Flowers for Fall Décor | Sensible Gardening & Living
Love dried flowers? There’s several ideas here for creating various decor items.
11. How to Make a Dried Hydrangea Wreath | Garden Therapy
I know why hydrangea wreaths are so popular. Those giant flower heads are so irresistible, you can’t help but want to give them a second life when they’re done blooming.
12. Rustic Corn Husk pumpkins | Sow & Dipity on YouTube
Here’s a fun idea for styling old corn husks into pumpkins.
I hope you’ve found some projects to try. Go gather some materials and have fun with it.
14. See all of the crafts and household goods you can make from a block of natural beeswax including these beautiful beeswax candle bowls.
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛