If you are new here, welcome! I’ve got creative and frugal home and garden ideas for you.
Turn on the sound to hear the story:
Please, dig in and have a look around.
This photo (above) was one of those rare great days where
1) I had just weeded
2) there’s a fresh application of mulch
3) it was peak season for blooms, and
4) it just rained, which makes all the colours more beautiful.
But even on it’s frumpy days—which is many days— I just love having a garden.
And not for perfection: for me, it’s just being outside, watching things grow, experimenting, and creating that make it so enjoyable.
Here’s the Scoop—
I am Melissa J. Will, also known as the Empress of Dirt ♛, and I share creative and frugal home and (mostly) garden DIY projects and ideas, with an emphasis on the organic and thrifty help I needed when I was starting out.
For plant and growing information, I rely on facts and scientific research, not the ever popular myths and wives’ tales that spread online like a virus.
For projects and DIY, I like it creative, useful, and thrify.
If you are interested in my own rocky start as a new gardener,you can read more here.
What You Will Discover
I share new projects and ideas every week.
You can find these categories in the menu at the top of any page:
The Idea Bank | Look up what you have and see what you can make!
TIP: Use the magnifying glass (top left of any page) to search this site.
Subscribe | Join me on this creative journey
- Subscribe by email sends you an email each time there is new content on the blog (usually 3x per week).
- The Empress of Dirt creative newsletter is filled with ideas, projects, and occasional giveaways from favorite companies (every 2 weeks).
Garden Podcast | Listen to our audio show for garden myth-busting, interesting tips, and helpful ideas