Disclosure Statement for Empress of Dirt
I earn a living as a blogger by hosting ads on this site, using affiliate links to recommended products, selling my own eBooks, and creating content for other publisher sites.
This website is intended for entertainment purposes only.
This policy is valid from 15 August 2016
- This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
- This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
- The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
- This website contains general information about home and garden DIY projects and ideas for entertainment purposes only.
- The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.
- While we do our best to provide useful information, any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk and not a substitute for medical, legal, or any other professional advice of any kind.
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure
- Melissa Will is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you earn a living as a blogger?
The possibilities really are endless but this is how I do it:
1 Advertisements on this blog. The main ads you see here are Google Adsense ads. I occasionally also place ads from other sources as well. Either way, it’s very clear that they are ads.
2 Affiliate links I post a lot of DIY tutorials and show products I recommend (and ones I do not recommend so you know what to avoid) by linking to those items on affiliate sites including Amazon.com. You might choose to shop there but these links are also a helpful way to show which products I am talking about so you know what to look for wherever you shop.
Amazon Disclosure Statement
Melissa Will (that’s me here at Empress of Dirt) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you) if you click through on one of my affiliate links (this goes to Amazon.com), but, if you’ve read this blog for a while you know that I’m a hard-core frugalista and advocate of debt-free living so that is the core of my content and project ideas.
I am also an Etsy affiliate and like to show shop items I adore. If you use my affiliate link and make a purchase (again, while the browser cookie is still active), I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you).
I may also link to products I life through Share a Sale affiliates and others like that, showing the source so you know where you can buy them if you are interested.
3 Creating Content on Other Sites
One example is my posts on eBay where I collaborate as a freelance blogger. I link to these posts from Empress of Dirt because they are simply an extension of what I do here: sharing creative and frugal home and garden ideas I love.
I have published a few eBooks over the years: some are free, some sell for a small fee.
- Empress of Dirt Garden Art & Ideas
- Fabric Dyeing 101 and How to teach Fabric Dyeing 101 Workshops
- Hand-dyes for Sale: How I Turned My Hobby Into a Business
5 Sponsored Posts
I get offered a lot of sponsored post opportunities but rarely accept them. I mean really rarely, like maybe twice in all of these years. It has to be something I am really already on fire about or I cannot do it. And yes, if there is a sponsored post, you will know it. I always list a disclosure in the opening of the post so you are absolutely clear that I received either a sample product or compensation to write the post. I’m sure it goes without saying that opinions are always my own. Even though I just said it.
Do you accept guest posts?
- No, I do not accept GUEST POSTS. Or I haven’t yet though I would love to. Here’s why: I would love to receive pitches for guest posts IF you have actually taken the time to understand what this site is about, what readers here love, and what is important to us. From there, a guest post would be unique, with original text and images illustrating a fabulous DIY or informational post on a great topic that will delight everyone and set Pinterest on fire.
Do you accept paid links?
- No, I do not accept PAID LINKS. Again, emails come every day offering money to place paid links within posts. Not happening. Ever. Everything is done because my readers will like it and I always provide full disclosure.
I’m sure there’s a ton more stuff for this What I Don’t Do list but you get the idea. What I’m doing now enables me to do exactly what I love (creating stuff and sharing ideas) without comprising my own standards, and most importantly, give you readers what you enjoy.
- All content on this site is © 2015 – Melissa J. Will (Empress of Dirt) unless otherwise stated with credit links.
- Images: Permission is not required to use one image if you DO NOT ALTER THE IMAGE IN ANY WAY and clearly provide a direct link back to the source page on this site wherever the image appears.
The text on your web page should be located directly below the image and say ‘Empress of Dirt’ in addition to any other relevant details
It is also very smart to include the source link to empressofdirt.net in your image ALT text.
- Content: Use of written content is strictly prohibited.
For other permissions please contact me at [email protected]