Creativity central! These DIY projects for the home and garden are frugal, unique, and often use recycled or repurposed materials. Each comes with step-by-step instructions so you can make your own.
Dig in and create your dream space.
DIY Home & Garden Projects
Ready to make something wonderful?
Explore these project ideas for indoor your home and out in the garden.
I’m a thrifty Empress so it’s safe to say these ideas are perfect for frugal, earth-friendly beginners who crave a unique home and garden.
1 Resource Guides | Tips and recommendations.
2 Garden Projects | Stuff to make for your outdoor space.
4 DIY ebooks | Instant downloads
Empress of Dirt DIY Videos
Click here to browse all Garden Projects.
- Birdhouses | Houses, nesting boxes, feeders, and more.
- Birdhouse Projects & Nesting Box Plans | Get creative.
- Containers | Creative planter ideas.
- Fairy & Miniature Gardens | Create your own little world.
- Polymer Clay Crafts | Make miniatures with clay.
- 50 Creative and Recycled Garden Art Projects | This will keep you busy!
- Garden Art – No Power Tools Required
- Garden Art Flowers | DIY flower projects.
- Garden Balls | Create decorative orbs.
- Garden Signs | Projects and ideas.
- Glass Garden Art Projects | Reuse household glass items for art.
- Glass Gem Projects | Create with dollar store glass gems.
- Hand-Painted Art Projects | Grab some craft paints and go.
- Nature Crafts | Creative projects using natural materials.
- Painted Stones & Rocks | Create animals, charms, and more.
- Plant Tags & Markers | Creative and functional ideas.
- Ponds & Water Features | All about backyard fish ponds.
- Privacy Screen | Freestanding structure with bug house and garden art
- Raised Garden Beds | Free plans and ideas.
- Recycled & Repurposed Projects | Everything old is new again.
- Robots | Wonderful characters made from old junk.
- Terrariums | Make a miniature wetland terrarium
- Tool Art | Create yard art from rusty, old tools
- Tool Shed | How I keep garden tools organized
- Totems | Create garden art totems from thrift shop finds.
- Watering Can Art | Faux spilling water
- Wood Projects | Fun in the workshop.
Click here to browse all Home Projects.
- Beeswax Wraps | An alternative to single-use plastic cling wrap
- Crafts & Handwork | Sew, knit, felting, toy-making, embroidery, and more.
- How to Paint Shoes | Turn plain shoes into unique wearable art.
- Lavender Crafts | What to make with lavender.
- Pet Sweater Bed | Turn that old sweater into a cozy napping spot.
- Plate Hangers | Save money and make your own.
- Pressed Flowers | Traditional and instant methods.
- Slow Cooker | Crafty ways to use your crock pot.
- Soap Making | My favourite soothing recipe for dry skin.
- Transfer Images | Complete guide for wood, glass, and more.
- Watercolor Painting | Great way to get started.
Food Recipes | Favorite meals and desserts
You can also browse everything by sub-topics here.
If you prefer to work offline, these ebooks download instantly and can be printed or read on any device.
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛