Autumn is the time to put away the summer garden, grow some fall veggies, and get everything ready for spring. You’ll be so glad you took the time to clean and sharpen garden tools and prepare early spring planting beds ahead of time.
These tips come from from experienced organic gardeners. You can find all of our winter garden prep tips here.
Continued from Winter Garden Preparation: Fall Chore Checklists (Tips 16-19)
Excellent Tips For Garden Tool Care and Repair
These tips from top garden bloggers can be used at any time of year, but fall is a good time to get all of the garden tools sorted, clean, and repaired so they’re ready to go in the spring.
20. Garden Tool Care and DIY Storage Bin | Garden Therapy
- Stephanie has some great tips for tool care including how to keep blades sharp.
21. Garden Tool Restoration | The Prudent Garden
- The care and repair of garden tools: make good tools last a lifetime.
22. Replacing Handles on Garden Tools | The Prudent Garden
- Step-by-step instruction for replacing broken tool handles.
23. 4 Keys To Best Garden Tool Care | Empress of Dirt
- My own best tips for the care and lifelong use of good garden tools.
More Winter Garden Preparation Tips
- Mulch, Leaves, & Cover Crops | Tips 1-3
- Planting Bulbs | Tips 4-10
- Tender Plant Care | Tips 11-15
- Fall Chores Checklists | Tips 16-19
- Tool Care | Tips 20-23
- Pruning & Trimming | Tips 24-32
- Birds & Bees | Tips 33-40
Share It On Pinterest