Winter is just far too long to let it go undecorated. In addition to growing veggies indoors and outdoors during the cold weather months [How to Grow Vegetables in the Winter], I keep just about all of my garden art outside as well. It keeps the garden looking interesting (and alive!) and makes winter a little less daunting.
Here you’ll find 12 simple winter garden art ideas from creative blogging friends. I hope you’ll find some ideas for your garden.
Winter Garden Wreaths
Make a wreath, decorate a wreath, or make a snowman wreath!
- Make a Natural Holiday Bird Wreath | Our Fairfield Home and Garden
- DIY Snowman Wreath Tutorial | On Sutton Place
Dress up a porch, shed, and window boxes.
- Winter Garden Decor | Garden Chick
- Ice Decorations | Free fruit pieces in cake pans with water. Add holes for hangers when frozen.
- Rustic Watering Can Window Boxes| Our Fairfield Home and Garden
Winter lights are essential! Otherwise, it’s just too dark by the time solstice arrives.
- DIY Lighted Garden Orb | Empress of Dirt
I attached four metal wall planters together and added strings of outdoor lights. It’s up on our garden arbor in the winter.
- Outdoor Miniature Garden Container ideas | The Mini Garden Guru
- 25+ Ways to Reuse Christmas Trees | Empress of Dirt
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛