Take the stress out of vegetable gardening with this weekly plan for sowing seeds indoors and outdoors from spring to fall. With some simple organization you can ensure your veggie garden is timed just right.
If you are new to seed starting indoors, Seed Starting for Beginners: Sow Inside Grow Outside walks through the practical details including recommended supplies.
Easy Vegetable Seed Sowing Plan
If you’re like me and want to grow a lot of different vegetable plants—and flowering perennials— from seed, it can be quite stressful to get organized and be sure everything is started on time.
If you live in hardiness zones 4 to 8, it’s likely some seeds need a jump start indoors and others can be sown directly outdoors. But how can we do this without getting overwhelmed?
That’s why I came up with this basic weekly seed sowing plan for indoor and outdoor seed sowing. No more mayhem!
- Use my plan as your starting point.
- Add the seeds you want to grow (don’t worry, there are tips for this).
- Use the printable planning sheets to create your unique plan and follow along.
While the sowing plan made be all you need, I’ve also included lots of tips for beginner gardeners to get comfortable with planning a vegetable garden and growing food.
The tips work whether you’re growing in the ground, raised beds, containers, or window boxes. So long as growing conditions are right, you’ll have a delicious harvest.
If you are new to seed sowing indoors, you may also like Seed Starting for Beginners: Sow Inside Grow Outside which shares practical tips for successful seed starting in your home.
- Weekly Seed Sowing Plan
- Know Your Digits
- Plan Your Garden
- Get Your Supplies Ready
- Maximize Your Growing Space
- Vegetable Garden Care
New to Ebooks or Digital File Downloads?
What is an Ebook? What is a Printable?
- Ebooks are documents (digital files) you read on your computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
- Ebooks are generally not intended for printing (images may not be full resolution) but you can if you prefer to read a hard copy. They are perfect for portable devices like phones and tablets, or your desktop computer.
- Empress of Dirt ebooks and free downloads are in PDF format.
- This means you use Adobe Reader to read it. Adobe Reader may already be on your device or you can download it free here.
- The file is yours to read and enjoy forever—just like a printed book.
How to Download Ebooks (and Any Digital Files)
- Click the buttons e.g. Buy Now or Add to Cart or Download Now. A screen will pop up with simple instructions to download the file.
- We never spam. Your email is required for this transaction only.
- Open the file and save it on your device—watch where it saves to so you know where to find it.
- You are welcome to print it out or simply view it on your device (phone, tablet) while you’re crafting and it is yours to keep.
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛