This is a fast, simple delicious recipes for roasting fresh asparagus.
For more ideas, also see these healthy food recipes.
I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned in a link on this post for sites including Amazon.com. Other links may go to websites including eBay where I have been paid to write a blog or article. See the entire disclosure here.
Fresh Asparagus is Delightful
Some things are just too delicious to share! That’s how I feel about my asparagus. My family has no interest in it. I started it from crowns (year-old plants) a few years ago and it goes like crazy.
Do you think I’m foolish enough to get them to try it? No way. They snooze, they lose. It’s mine, all mine—and that suits me just fine.
I have a very simple recipe to share.
Here’s how it works:
- I set the oven to 400°F, get a paring knife, and head out to the garden.
- I select a handful of stalks, all of them around the same diameter.
- Back inside, I wash and dry them.
- Rub lightly with olive oil and dash with salt.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
I confess they have never made it to a plate. Once you taste those slightly-crispy roasted tips, there’s no stopping.
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛
PS: This goes perfectly with a homemade soup. Check out these recipes.
PS: If you have a favourite garden-fresh treat like this, let me know!