How to Paint Shoes is an ebook for beginners wanting to learn how to paint custom designs on canvas shoes. It is not a learn-to-draw book but instead shows which art materials to use and how to apply them.
Also see Empress of Dirt ebooks for other creative titles available. If you’re new to ebooks and need help getting started, scroll down for a free ebook to download. Once you’ve tried it, a whole new world of reading opens up.
How to Paint Shoes
After sharing How to Paint Shoes featuring my daughter’s artwork on canvas shoes, I received a lots of comments and emails asking for more details. It seems a lot of people would like to try making their own custom shoes as well as selling them to earn extra cash.
I’ve put all of the how-tos, lots of images, and answers to your questions in a new ebook, How to Paint Shoes: A beginner’s guide to creating custom canvas shoes with acrylic paints.
There are many ways to approach painting canvas shoes and the way we show in the book is simply what we’ve found works best for us. It’s intended to give you a good idea of everything involved, showing the supplies we use, how we use them, and any tips and tricks we have learned along the way. From there you can get started with your own hobby or business as a custom hand-painted shoe designer.
How to Paint Shoes: A beginner’s guide to creating custom canvas shoes with acrylic paints is a starter guide providing everything you need to know to hand-paint your own canvas shoes.
It is intended for amateur artists with some basic drawing and painting experience, eager to try adding their own designs (or fan art) to plain shoes. The ebook shares which materials to use and how to apply them. It’s a starting point for exploring your creative ideas for art that walks!
To write the book, I got help from my daughters who are both accomplished artists and have done a lot of experimenting with this particular medium. One has managed to earn good pocket money with her own unique designs. Once friends at school see how cool these shoes look, they either want to make their own or commission someone to create some for them.
Table of Contents
- Supplies and materials (our favourite supplies for best results)
- Step-by-step instructions (includes tips and tricks we’ve learned along the way)
- Care & maintenance (how to take care of your hand-painted shoes)
- Frequently asked questions (answers to all of your questions)
What is an Ebook?
- Ebooks are documents you read on your computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
- Ebooks are not intended for printing. They are simply meant for enjoying on your electronic device.
- How to Paint Shoes is in PDF format.
- This means you use Adobe Reader to read it. Adobe Reader may already be on your device or you can download it free here.
- Once you have Adobe Reader, you can download the ebook (click on any of the ADD TO CART buttons on this page) and it’s yours to read and enjoy forever—just like a printed book.
- If you are not sure how ebooks work, I’ve got a free one here for you. Creative + Frugal Garden Ideas: Getting Started with Empress of Dirt. Give it a try! Once you’ve downloaded your first one, a whole new world of reading will open up. There’s tons of great ebooks available online.
Creative Ideas for Hand-Painting Shoes
It’s all about having fun creating unique art that’s one-of-a-kind (like you).
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛