This window hanging is made from beeswax-dipped leaves, perfectly preserving the beauty of autumn.
To get started, make a batch of beeswax dipped leaves using these instructions. Then you’re all set to make a decorative fall mobile.
Craft With Fall Leaves
This craft is a great way to bring the beauty of autumn leaves indoors and make that color last.
Use it to dress up your Thanksgiving celebration or simple celebrate the season.
To get started, follow these instructions for hand-dipping fall leaves in beeswax.
Once your leaves are ready, you are all set to make your fall leaf mobile.
It’s a simple craft.
The beeswax-coated leaves are suspended from a branch using invisible thread.
You can tie the thread or better secure it with dabs of hot glue or silicone sealant.
Be sure to choose a branch that fits the size of your window and make enough dipped leaves to fill it with those gorgeous fall colors.
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛
Make a Fall Leaf Hanging Mobile
Supplies & Materials
- 25 Leaves, beeswax-dipped
- 1 36-inch Tree branch
- 1 spool Invisible thread
- 1 32-inch Wire (16 gauge) to hang branch
- 2 Eye hooks for hanging branch
- Gently make hole in each leaf near stem and attach desired length of clear thread. Knot to secure in place. Alternately, thread can be attached to leaf using small bead of hot glue or silicone sealant.
- With threads attached to leaves, secure to branch in desired arrangement. Alternate lengths for an interesting arrangement. Use dabs of hot glue or silicone sealant to further secure thread to branch.
- Snip off any excess thread pieces.
- (Optional) Attach an eye hook near each edge of branch, thread with wire and hang in window.