This printable garden planner comes as a digital file you download to your device and print out. With its simple forms and lists, it is intended for gardeners who like to do their garden planning and journaling by hand with a pen on paper. This is not a gardening guide but instead a simple framework to assist with garden planning and note-taking.
For more Empress of Dirt products, also see the creative and how-to ebooks here.
Printable Garden Planner
If you like to do your garden planning, note-taking, and journaling with pen and paper (or markers and pencil)—not on a screen—this is for you.
This printable garden planner provides a basic framework for planning and tracking your garden your way.
It’s a digital file you save, print, and use to jot down your garden notes. There is no physical product.
The planner includes a variety of basic forms and checklists, plus an assortment of other pages to organize your thoughts, prioritize your wishes, and keep track of everything as you go.
This is not a garden guide. It is simply a starting point to give the basic structure you need to keep track of what matters as you forge your own path.
We all approach gardening differently—some much more spontaneously than others—but everyone benefits from having notes, checklists, and reminders.
Whether you want to create an overview of the year to come, use monthly, weekly, or daily lists, track your budget or seed inventory, or keep a list of seasonal reminders, there are pages for creating all these things and more. You can see the complete list of pages here.
Print out what matters, get some good pens, pencils, or markers, and start mapping out your garden as it is today and how you want it to be.
By the end of each growing season you’ll have a valuable resource—of your own making—to guide future garden decisions.
Plus, the calendars are undated so it’s yours to use over again, year after year.
Buy The Planner
Empress of Dirt
Printable Garden Planner & Notes
An assortment of basic garden checklists, undated calendars, and note pages for planning and tracking your gardening season.
This is a digital file (PDF format) you save to your device to print as much as you like for your own personal use.
This is not a physical product.
PayPal, Credit Card, or Apple Pay
PDF Format | About Planner
- Format: PDF file (3.4mb), full color, high resolution for good quality printing.
- Use Adobe Acrobat (available free here) to view and print the file.
- Size: Letter size pages (8.5 x 11-inches).
- Printing: For best quality, print in full color at high resolution.
- Choose paper that is nice to write on with your favorite pens and markers.
- Ensure you have Adobe Acrobat (available free here) on your device.
- Purchase the planner and add the file to your device. Watch where it saves to (so you know which folder to find it in).
- Open the file in Adobe Acrobat. View all the pages and decide which ones you want to print (or just print all of them). You may want more than one copy of some pages.
- If using a local print shop, bring the file on a USB drive along with proof of purchase in case they request it. Be sure to choose paper that is nice to write and draw on. And ask for hole punching if using a binder. It’s also wise to print a few test pages first and adjust print settings as needed.
This planner provides forms and checklists you fill in.
- Garden Profile | Overview of garden & growing conditions
- Garden Bed Maps (2) | Map out your growing areas
- Garden Plants | Planting notes
- Garden Project Plan | Planning, supplies, steps
- Garden Project Sketch | Draw your idea
- Garden Layout Ideas | Draw or map out new ideas
- Garden Wish List | Jot down items wanted
- Garden Budget | Plan for the season ahead
- Garden Expenses | Track purchases
- Garden Year (3) | Overview of major tasks, projects, & milestones
- Monthly Calendar | Generic month at a glance
- To Do This Week | Plan your week
- To Do Today | Daily checklist
- Help Needed | Items requiring helpers
- Winter Tasks | What needs doing each winter
- Spring Tasks | What needs doing each spring
- Summer Tasks | What needs doing each summer
- Fall Tasks | What needs doing each fall
- Garden Journal | Notes
- For Follow Up | Buy/reorder, ideas, questions, reminders
- Planting Notes | Date, location, what you planted
- Bulb Planting | Map and notes
- Soil Tests & Amendments | Test results, reminders, amendments
- Tree, Shrub, & Vine Care | Planting, pruning, care
- Wildlife & Phenology | Sightings and firsts of the season
- Winter Storage | Plants to protect and check on
- Plant Profile | Info on specific plants
- Food Seed Inventory | Vegetable, fruit, and herb seeds
- Flower Seed Inventory | Flowers and other seeds
- Seed Starting Notes | Tracking seeds started
- Food Growing Notes | Vegetables, fruits, and herbs
- Harvest Notes | Crop notes
- Garden Resources | Helpful books, magazines, websites
- Tips For Using This Planner
- The planner document file is for your personal use only. This means you can print as many copies as you like for your own personal use but you may not share, copy, resell, reproduce, or distribute it by any electronic or physical means for any other purpose.
- Any commercial use of this digital file for financial gain or profit is prohibited.
- Digital products are non-refundable.
As you work on your planner, there are plenty of garden tips to help you here at Empress of Dirt.
This Handy Garden Checklist lists tasks by season.
Find Your Frost Dates & Hardiness Zone
- Plant Hardiness Zones | United States | Canada
These are listed on seed packets and plant tags to guide your choices.
Let the planning begin!
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛