Fabric Dyeing 101 Supplies
Fabric Dyeing Instructions & Colour Recipes
(87 pages, colour photos, PDF format, uses Acrobat Reader, can be printed out)
PayPal or credit card
Fabric Dyeing Supplies
- The Jacquard starter kit has everything you need in good quantities. [Jacquard Products Procion Four Color MX Dye Set with Soda Ash]
- Alternately, you could use a tie dye starter kit (it’s the same dyes), although they don’t always list how much dye you actually get.[Jacquard Tie Dye Kit]
- If you think you’ll want to go on and experiment more with fabric dyeing, you may want some black dye. This enables you to create a whole bunch of new colours in conjunction with your basic colours. [Jacquard Procion MX Fiber Reactive Dye 2/3 oz. jar warm black]
- If you need soda ash, it can be ordered on its own.[Jacquard Soda Ash Dye Fixer 1 lb]
- You will need a dust mask to wear while mixing the dye powders.
Fabric and Household supplies
- A complete list of everything else you need (easy to find at home, thrift shops, or shops) is provided in Fabric Dyeing 101: Simple Instructions for Beautiful Fabrics.