This is a list of recommended supplies included in Fabric Dyeing 101: Simple Instructions for Beautiful Fabrics.
Complete step-by-step instructions are included in the book.
Fabric Dyeing 101 Supplies
Simple instructions for beautiful fabrics. Uses cotton fabric and Procion MX dyes
These are all my best secrets and recipes from my hand-dyed fabric business.
$9.99 US | Instant Download
PayPal, Credit Card, or Apple Pay
Fabric Dyeing Supplies
Basic Set of Dye Colors
- Jacquard Products Procion Four Color MX Dye Set with Soda Ash
The Jacquard starter kit has everything you need in good quantities.
- Alternately, you could use a tie dye starter kit (it’s the same dyes), although they don’t always list how much dye you actually get.
- If you think you’ll want to go on and experiment more with fabric dyeing, you may want some warm black dye. This enables you to create a whole bunch of new colors in conjunction with your basic colors.
- If you don’t get a kit, you can also order soda ash on its own.
- You will need to wear while mixing the dye powders. Find one that blocks fine particles.
Fabric and Household supplies
- A complete list of everything else you need (easy to find at home, thrift shops, or shops) is provided in Fabric Dyeing 101: Simple Instructions for Beautiful Fabrics.
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛
PS: There are lots more Empress of Dirt ebooks here.