This simple keto dessert waffle made with almond flour has just 4 net-carbs per serving.
Fold and fill with homemade vanilla-vanilla keto ice-cream for a delicious dessert.
Simple Low-Carb Dessert Waffles
After finding my favorite keto ice-cream recipe, the quest for a nice dessert waffle to pair it with ensued.
If you are wanting something more like a waffle cone, there are lots of recipes online.
I just wanted to keep it simple—nothing too crisp or too bready—so I came up with a quick recipe to make in the waffle iron, perfect for keto ice-cream sandwiches.
The dessert waffle could also be dressed up with sugar-free chocolate chips, blueberries, or cinnamon for more pizzazz.
But for now, let’s have it plain and simple.
If you are looking for a good, basic savory low-carb waffle, I have a recipe for chaffles (cheesy waffles) here.
Fortune Cookie Flavor
These waffles are flavored like fortune cookies with a combination of almond flour and vanilla extract and do not have rising agents like baking powder or baking soda.
Almond flour is one of the more expensive keto flours but most recipes do not require much of it so one bag can last a long time. Once opened, keep it in the fridge or freezer to maintain freshness.
If you are new to the world of low-carb, sugar-free foods, be sure to test out the amount of low-carb sweetener to suit your taste. I use very little while others may prefer more.
I do find these waffles a bit dry unless brushed with melted butter. But, as hoped, they pair nicely with the keto ice-cream, leaving it to be the star of the show.
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛
Low-Carb Keto Dessert Waffle
- Grease waffle iron if needed and preheat to medium high.
- Whisk eggs in bowl and gradually add in remaining ingredients one at a time until combined.1 large Egg, 1/6 cup Heavy cream or whole whipping cream (35%), 2/3 cup Almond flour, 1 teaspoon Erythritol, pinch Salt, 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- Use half a cup of batter for each waffle. Cook approximately three minutes until golden (or desired darkness) and waffles release easily from iron.
- Waffles will become crisper on cooling rack. Brush with melted butter. Serve with keto ice cream.1 tablespoon Butter
- Store leftovers in fridge for 3 days or freezer up to 3 months.