Get ready for all new Square Foot Gardening! It’s the book that helped millions of home gardeners grow more fresh produce in less space with less work. Now updated and packed with more projects, information, photos, and illustrations, this new 3rd edition is launching a whole new generation of food growers.
Dig in and enter the draw to win a Square Foot Gardening book bundle!
This celebration of the upcoming book, All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew is sponsored by The Quarto Book Group.
All New Square Foot Gardening
The Book That Inspired a Million New Gardeners
I wish I had a dollar for every time a gardener has told me that they got started in food growing after hearing about the square foot gardening method.
Since it’s original publication in 1981, this book has encouraged so many new gardeners—and veggie growers looking for better methods—to grow incredible amounts of delicious, fresh produce in small spaces.
The success is in the simplicity. Grab some seeds or starter plants, follow the book, mark out your squares, and grow!
How Square Foot Gardening Works
If you’re new to Square Foot Gardening, the idea is that you can grow a good amount of produce in a small space, working in square foot (12-inch square) sections.
The book guides you through from start to finish, showing everything you need to know to grow delicious, fresh food.
You choose the veggies you want, and get growing.
Here’s a sample planting plan:
Here’s what you can harvest:
It really is amazing how much food you can grow in a small space.
Here’s a living example of a square foot garden:
If you don’t have a raised garden bed, you can do the same thing in large flower pots.
And it doesn’t just have to be veggies: add flowers and herbs for a beautiful checkerboard of colours and textures.
That’s Mel Bartholomew who started this whole revolution.
Win a Square Foot Gardening Book Bundle
This giveaway was so popular last fall, we’re offering it again.
If you’re new to this, the All New Square Foot Gardening is an excellent beginner resource. Or, maybe you’ve dabbled in veggie growing but want a reliable easy-to-follow system.
I love the idea of giving the book to friends who have expressed an interest in veggie gardening but do not know where to start.
- No purchase necessary.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to enter.
- Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) and the continental United States.
- Entries must be received by June 10, 2019 at 11:59 pm EST.
- One entry per person and/or IP address.
- Grand prize: Square Foot Gardening Library (4 books) from The Quarto Publishing Group USA with an approximate total retail value of $100 US.
- All New Square Foot Gardening
- Square Foot Gardening for Kids
- Square Foot Gardening Answer book
- High Value Veggies
- Prize book titles are subject to availability and may vary from those shown.
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- Winner will be selected randomly from eligible entries and listed on this post after closing. Winner will have seven days to claim their prize.
- Canadian giveaway winners are required to answer a skill-testing question.
- If potential prize winner forfeits or does not claim the prize, prize will be re-awarded, at Empress of Dirt’s sole discretion.
- All prizes will be awarded.
- Void where prohibited by law.
Enter Giveaway Here
- By entering this giveaway, you agree to the terms and confirm you meet the entry requirements.
- We do not spam! Your information is used for this giveaway only.
- If you would like to receive the Empress of Dirt newsletter, please sign up separately.
Good luck, and happy growing!
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛