Have a look at these creative ways to turn old wooden ladders into art and trellises in your garden.
For more, also see garden art project ideas.
I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned in a link on this post for sites including Amazon.com. Other links may go to websites where I have been paid to write a blog or article. See the entire disclosure here.
Ladders As Vertical Garden Art
Wobbly, old wooden ladders have lots of reuses both in the home and the garden.
Here you’ll see them used outdoors as stands for plants and decor, adding vertical interest to the garden the same way arbors, trellis, and obeslisks do.
If you ever see one in the garbage, snap it up! Their value is starting to be recognized and resellers are asking a little too much for them these days.
Whether you paint them or leave them plain, wooden ladders make a quirky, fun garden art accent.
This one is in my garden:
Have a look at these ideas from my garden blog friends.
2. Turquoise Ladder | Somewhat Quirky Design
- If you’re going to paint your ladder, go bold! This one looks fabulous.
3. Decorate A Rustic Ladder | Flower Patch Farmhouse.com
- Fall decor on an old wooden ladder.
4. Harvesting English Lavender | Garden Therapy
Functional art: the ladder is a perfect place to dry lavender.
5. Using Ladders In The Garden | Garden Chick
Gather some favourite garden art supplies and create a vignette.
6. Halloween Step Ladder | House of Hawthornes
- Warning: giant spiders might take over your ladder at this time of year.
7. Halloween Pumpkin Ladder | Our Fairfield Home & Garden
- Love this way of displaying a collection of Halloween pumpkins and art.
8. Garden Ladder Ideas | Our Fairfield Home & Garden
- Go to Barb’s blog to see a whole bunch of ideas for repurposing old ladders in the garden. (I think she’s obsessed!)
I hope this gives you a bunch of ideas. Ladders are a great way to create instant outdoor shelving to display anything you like.
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛